March 27, 2012

Spring Break!!!


Spring Break is always well deserved and much needed!  Spring Break is an excellent time to relax and decompress from the last couple of months, but it also gives us time to plan out our next units of study.  April is National Poetry Month (for more info., click here).  I have recently posted some new items on TpT (This is some of what I've been doing over break.).  I can tell a lot of people are planning on teaching poetry soon because my poetry unit has been my top selling item so far-yay!...Anyways, I wanted to put some previews on here to share.  


                                           Poetry Unit Bundle $7.00
 
                                       Not pictured: student handout with definitions and examples


My favorite websites for children's poetry are Giggle Poetry and Kenn Nesbitt's Poetry for Kids.  These website provide many humorous poems kids enjoy. One of my favorite poems to share with students is "Dreams" by Langston Hughes. What websites do you recommend?  What poems do you like to share with your students?

No comments:

Post a Comment