March 28, 2012

Getting Ready for the Test


As I mentioned before, my students' state tests are coming up at the end of next month.  In addition to the "Super Words" freebie I posted earlier, I posted "Getting Ready for the Test" on TpT yesterday.  "Getting Ready for the Test" consists of materials you can use with your students to pump them up for the state tests.  One way I pump my students up is with a "Language Arts Olympics" (a very large review game that covers information we have discussed throughout the year).  Students get into small teams and create a team name.  Then, they answer a variety of questions together and write their answers on whiteboards.  There are different categories they can choose from, such as "figurative language," "point of view," "analogies," etc... I created mini posters on which you can put the gold medal team, silver medal, and bronze medal teams' names. 


I also created some motivational materials to use with students.  One of them is a "Test Prep. Kit" to give student that contains a small note with items that will encourage them.  I also made an oath for students to recite in the days or weeks leading up to the test. 


Here's a peek of ALL of the items on TpT:



What are some things you do to motivate and encourage your students before testing?

No comments:

Post a Comment