January 03, 2014

Currently, Impromptu Trip, MLK, and FREEBIE

I'm linking up with Farley for January's "Currently"!
Last weekend, my husband and I decided to go on a trip to visit my brother in Baltimore for New Years. The quick decision to do so was an example, as my husband likes to remind me, of why we shouldn't get a dog...haha. Anyways, my sister also decided to tag along, so it was a true family affair. Now that we're all "older" and in different states, we don't get to hangout very often, so I was pumped that we had a chance to be together. We left on Monday and just got back earlier today. During our little getaway, we stopped by Baltimore and Annapolis, MD, as well as Washington, D.C. I've been dying to go back to Washington ever since my 8th grade field trip, so I can check that one off the list. I swear the White House seemed much farther from the road when I was younger...:)...As my "Currently" above mentions, I am still in a lot of pain. Maybe I should be cliche and make a resolution to start working out because I am quite out of shape! We hit the floor running in D.C. yesterday, nonstop from 10AM-5:30PM, when all of the museums closed. We managed to see just about all of the major outdoor monuments and memorials, as well as the Holocaust Museum and National Gallery of Art. Needless to say, wearing stylish boots was not the best decision for my legs or feet. Luckily, we were able to stay away from bad weather. In Ohio, it snowed like crazy while we were gone.
I also wanted to update you on a product I recently posted, "Martin Luther King Jr. ELA Activities for Grades 3-5". It contains six interactive notebook activities for students to complete about Martin Luther King Jr., as well as suggested materials to use for some of the activities.
And last, but certainly not least, I created a FREEBIE to help students remember the difference between revising and editing. Click here to be taken to the FREEBIE.
STOP BY MY BLOG SUNDAY FOR A GIVEAWAY.....:)

Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

11 comments:

  1. Ooh it looks like you guys had lots of fun! I went to DC several years ago with my family and loved it! Your new year's picture is really cute too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like so much fun! I want to do to DC, but will wait until our son get a little older so he can appreciate it more.

    Renee
    Fantastic First Grade Froggies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It would be a great family vacation. All of the attractions we went to were free....You can't beat that!

      Delete
  3. Loved seeing your photos, Kathleen! Good for you for doing an impromtu trip! (Enjoy doing so now, before little tykes enter your world!) :) Your MLK Jr. resource looks great, too!
    ~Deb
    Crafting Connections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Deb! I'm so glad we were able to go. It won't be too long before we decide to add little tykes to the picture! Thanks for your compliment on my MLK resources...You're so sweet! :)

      Delete
  4. Found you at Farley's! Sounds like you had lots of fun on your trip! I graduated high school in the suburbs of D.C. so I was there a lot. Love it every time. My husband loves going and seeing all the sites and monuments. Even ones we've seen multiple times. Since my parents are right next to Manassas we also do battlefields. Hope you get that snow day! Won't happen here in East Texas. Have a good one!

    Shibahn
    Mrs. Landry's Land of Learning

    ReplyDelete
  5. It sounds like it was a blast growing up so close to DC! I'm still pulling for the snow day. The weather reports are currently in my favor...*Fingers Crossed*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found you through Crafting Connections. I love all the pics of your DC trip and your boots were fab! Thanks for posting the MLK resource...it looks great!

    A Teaspoon of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so glad you were able to find my blog through Deb's. I've really enjoyed collaborating with her! Also, thanks for all of your kind words! I'm going to check out your blog now...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This post was so much fun to read :)
    I live walking distance from Sabatino's - yum!
    It's a great area to live and for seeing the sights.
    Thanks for the terrific freebie!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete